I came across Jack Johnson's music video for his new single, You and Your Heart. JJ's style has changed a bit. He still has his relaxing and catchy guitar riffs that is recognizable in many of his songs. This song kick-started the world tour for his new album, To the Sea. This song is about the seperation that can happen between ourselves and our heart. We have to be able to trust our heart and go with it.
Cause you and your heart
Shouldn't feel so far apart
You can choose what you take
Why you gotta break and make it feel so hard
Now, along with this, let's talk about this new world tour. JJ has a contest to make the official poster art for his tour. For all of you creative and artistic kids out there, you could win this contest and have your poster used for his tour! Two free tickets and cash isn't too bad either.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a contest! Let it be know, but don't adulterate JJ. We don't want his contest to be held in vain.
ReplyDeleteAnyway this single is definitely different from most of his music like you said. "You and Your Heart" is sporting a more mainstream sound, which includes a more repatitive and prevalent chorus, and more prominent percussions.
I remember reading music critics' reviews of JJ's most recent album, "Sleep Through the Static." They criticized the seemingly absent and restricted percussions throughout the album. They said Adam Topol, JJ's drummer, was very restricted in his drumming.
*let it be known.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what provocations screamed for deviations for JJ to get stuck in the middle of this mainstream sound, but I am definitely liking it. However, I still wouldn't mind hearing the same ol' poetic JJ present in "On and On" and "Brushfire Fairytales."
Well, how about those people? I know that you know the one I mean. They want Jack to look at himself and wish he was someone else, and those mediocre bad guys can really bring you down. But Jack has been sitting, waiting, and wishing, and now that its all understood, he's got a perfect set of blueprints. I hope this has been amusing and confusing Mrs. Sander, because everything up to your name has been a quote from one of his songs, yet it is still a coherent thought in an abstract sort of way :).
ReplyDelete