Hey, what's up? I'd like to look at someone who is becoming incredibly popular among many age groups. His last album definitely made him known to a lot of people. He has a tour coming up soon that begins in Europe. It sold out in 52 minutes. Yes you did that correct. He sold a whole tour of Europe out in 52 minutes. The song most people know him for is I Haven't Met You Yet. Yeah, I'm talking about Michael Bublé.
He seems to have mixed emotions on a lot of people though. You either love him or you hate him. People I know seem to be split between these two realms. I haven't really heard someone say "oh, he isn't too bad!" I can say that I thoroughly enjoy his music. I listen to many types and genres and sometimes some soothing Bublé is what is needed. Other times I need something a little more faster paced or louder. This doesn't take away from Michael's incredible talent. His singing ability is phenomenal. Some people think he isn't very talented because he does a lot of covers. However, this doesn't take away from the fact that his ability to singing isn't fantastic. Granted, he does do a lot of covers, but he writes his own music as well. For example, let us look at the song most people know him for, I Haven't Met You Yet. This is no cover and a song he wrote himself. Look at how many people enjoy it. To go off what one of my friends at Marian said, "he makes grocery shopping sexy."
I came across him only last year but since then I have procured all of his albums and have listened to them all. He definitely deserves the popularity he is receiving with talent like what he has. I mean he was even in the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympics! He was able to show his heritage as a Canadian, as well as show the world how talented he is. I urge you to listen to him if you haven't. If you don't think it is your type of music, you may be mistaken. I know I fit that category. I have a new-found respect for him. He's taken the genre of jazz and contemporary music and has brought life back to it and made it popular among the hoi polloi once again. Enjoy his wondrous voice, people. Peace.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment