So I am sitting here with my music on shuffle and this song comes on. I don't know why but every time I hear this song, I have the urge to listen to it again. There's more to this song than how drugs controlled Anthony Kiedis' life for many years. The lyrics speak of how drugs were a constant habit and would always draw him back to them:
The more I see, the less I know, the more I'd like to let it go
If you look closer at the song, the meaning of this song is about how we have to start anew sometimes in our life. This is troubling because it is difficult for us to let go of our old ways of thinking. It is a fight to become a better person and let go of the things that impacted our lives negatively. We have to find somewhere where those tracks of an old past can be concealed so we can start fresh:
In between the cover of another perfect wonder
And it's so white as snow
Running to the field where all my tracks will be concealed
And there's nowhere to go
It's a shame John Frusciante left RHCP....
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

With your interpretations and own life stories, I am sure that you can write beautiful lyrics, John.
ReplyDelete